Chocolate almond protein bars are one of our most requested recipes from our Maximized Living Nutrition Plans (MLNP) book and a crowd pleaser! These no bake, quality protein, high-fiber bars are a cinch to make and perfect for weight-loss. Keep them refrigerated. These also freeze well.
Watch and follow along as MLNP co-author Dr. B.J. Hardick prepares this recipe in the following video. Recipe is included below.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup ground flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (opitonal)
- 3 scoops Dutch chocolate Perfect Protein
- 1/2 cup xylitol (or 3/4 tsp pure powder stevia)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic butter
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate (for topping)
- 5 tbsp coconut oil (for topping)
- 1 tbsp organic butter (for topping)
- 1/4 cup xylitol or 1/4 tsp pure liquid stevia (for topping)
- Place almonds meal, flax meal, shredded coconut, Nature Pro and xylitol (stevia) in a food processor.
- Pulse until ground into meal
- In a double boiler melt coconut oil, butter and 3 squares of unsweetened chocolate.
- Once melted add vanilla to melted chocolate/coconut mixture.
- Mix liquid chocolate with dry ingredients in a bowl until turns into a paste
- Press mixture into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture hardens.
- In a double boiler, heat butter and coconut oil until liquid.
- Add xylitol (stevia) and heat and stir until dissolved
- Add 4 squares of unsweetened chocolate. Stir until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over pressed mixture in glass dish. Return to refrigerator for at least until chocolate hardens.
- Remove from refrigerator, cut into bars and serve. (If chocolate cracks when cutting, let soften for 10 minutes first)