A classic recipe that has been updated to a healthy version. It contains no refined flour, no sugar and no artificial sweeteners. Best of all, it's versatile: It can also be made into cupcakes or mini cupcakes.
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup erythritol (like Swerve) or spoonable stevia to taste
- 5 large organic eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or grape seed oil
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9-inch cake pans with butter and dust with almond flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil and eggs.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold in the carrots, raisins and walnuts if desired.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans. The batter will be a bit thick, so try to even it by pushing the batter down carefully rather than spreading it.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cakes cool for 1 hour before frosting.